Followers

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Candy Hearts Romance

For Keeps by Veronica Lynch

Meghan Muldoon is at a crossroads: struggling to balance the demands of a high stress vocation as an advocate for victims of violence and her feelings for Keenan Rossi, a man who wants to make their relationship permanent.

On Valentine's Day, a series of routine crises force Meg to question staying in a profession which fulfills her both professionally and spiritually--or devoting the rest of her life to the one person who completes her.

Which one is For Keeps?


This story really struck a chord with me. My daughter is also a professional advocate/counselor for victims of sexual assault. It is demanding but such important work. Keenan also has a demanding job, just as demanding as Meg's, yet he doesn't seem to understand Meg's commitment and pressures her to leave her job and marry him. My only quibble with For Keeps is the fact that Meg is forced to choose.

Both Keenan and Meg are vivid characters, likeable and rootworthy. The romance is yummy!



1 comment:

Wild Women Authors said...

I just found this review of For Keeps. Thank you so much, Doreen. It's a pure pleasure when another author "gets" what you're trying to convey.
This book came from my heart as I am a former victim advocate. I know how hard it is to balance a private life, spouse and kids, with a vocation that can rip at your soul day after day.
thank you, Doreen. You made my day.
Kat Henry Doran aka Veronica Lynch