Followers

Monday, February 8, 2016

Release Day!

Ooh La La! Here's an excerpt from my latest Candy Hearts Romance!

A male strip club! Seriously. Who could possibly
believe that shy, color between the lines, follow every
rule, Veronica Cooke had gone to a strip club?

 “Her eyes were a dreamy shade of blue, the greenish
blue of a calm sea. Her nose was small and straight in
the middle of an oval face. Pretty. Very pretty.
“Yes,” she said. “I came to apologize for running
you over. Unfortunately I’m Queen of the Klutzes.”
“Okay.” He held out a hand for her to shake.
“Simon West. How did you know where to find me?”
She smiled and nodded at the Barrett University
Dance T-shirt he wore. “I went to the Dance Department
office and asked. I’m Veronica Cooke. I hope I didn’t
hurt you.”
“You didn’t. Hurt me, that is.” Since when did he
babble?
Since now, he guessed. He had a hard time thinking
around her. He wanted to reach out and touch her cheek
to see if her skin was as soft and smooth as it looked.
“Well, good. You’re a wonderful dancer. I wish I
had that talent.” She glanced at her watch. “I’ve got to
get to my office hours. It was nice to meet you.” She
turned to leave.
He didn’t want her to. He found he very much
wanted her to stay. Here. With him. “Um, do you have
time to get coffee later?” He wasn’t dancing at
Hardbody that night.
“I might. When?”
“Around four?”
“Four sounds great. Where?”
“Sammy’s?”
“Okay. I’ll see you then.” She gave him one last
smile and left.
He indulged himself and watched her trundle down
the hall. “I think I need to get to know you better,

Veronica Cooke.”


No comments: